Interrupt Handling in linux

From: Harish K Harshan
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 05:06:56 EST

Hi.

Can Interrupt handlers in linux, be interrupted by other running
processes??? to make it more clear, im developing a driver for and ADC
card, and would like to know if the CPU can or rather WILL schedule
wnother running process in the middle of the ISR, when a timer interrupt
comes in. If thats the case, then we need to use spinlocks or other
mechanisms in our ISR, right?? im new to this, so if theres something not
clear, it just just that my understanding of this topic is not very deep.

Harish.