Re: kacpid takes 99% of CPU when laptop lid is closed

From: Alexey N. Spiridonov
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 23:22:15 EST

Hello,

I have exactly the same laptop as Antille and exactly the same problem.

I did some stuff to diagnose it. I have the output of oprofile, my startup messages with ACPI debug messages enabled, and the messages when the lid is closed for about 2 seconds.
The debug configuration is: all components, and level VERBOSITY1.

They're all available here:
http://www.math.princeton.edu/~aspirido/gpe-bug/
Watch out -- the two debug logs, uncompressed, are pretty big (~20mb).

Here's the DSDT for the laptop:
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/tables/Dell/Inspiron_2650/Dell-Inspiron_2650-A05-original.asl.gz

I know next to nothing about ACPI, but I hope I can help debug it, if it hasn't been fixed.
Otherwise, I'd like to help test the patch.

Best,

Alexey