Re: kbuild make deb patch

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 01:13:03 EST

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:21:41PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 23:08:46 +0200, Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote in message <20040608210846.GA5216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:13:53PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > I'm in progress of doing some infrastructure work to better support building
> > different packages. I have requests for .tar.gz, tar.gz2 as well
> > as deb.
>
> (Being a Debian user...) I really *love* to see a .tar.{gz,bz2} target.
> For my in-house use (as well in in the company I work for) we do have a
> script to basically install modules (+ vmlinuz + vmlinux + .config +
> System.map), adding some identifier to the filenames (of the last four
> files mentioned) and preparing a .tar.gz from that.

Could you try to be more specific in what you expect to see in a .tar.gz'ed kernel.
A script that creates a .tar.gz from current kernel would be fine :-)

I expect something like:
All files stored in a directory named: kernel-2.6.6-rc4/
Includes all source files
Includes .config

Do you expect to see a fully build kernel?
- With all .o files
- With the output file (bzImage or whatever used by selected architecture)

Anything else?

Sam