Re: kbuild make deb patch

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 09:23:45 EST

On Tue, 2004-06-08 23:08:46 +0200, Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040608210846.GA5216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:13:53PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I'm in progress of doing some infrastructure work to better support building
> different packages. I have requests for .tar.gz, tar.gz2 as well
> as deb.

(Being a Debian user...) I really *love* to see a .tar.{gz,bz2} target.
For my in-house use (as well in in the company I work for) we do have a
script to basically install modules (+ vmlinuz + vmlinux + .config +
System.map), adding some identifier to the filenames (of the last four
files mentioned) and preparing a .tar.gz from that.

For my private use, my version of the script also handles some non-ia32
archs :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg