Re: SERIO_USERDEV patch for 2.6

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 18:52:08 EST

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 05:23 pm, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > echo "rawdev" > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serio0/driver
> >
> > or something alont these lines. At least that's my grand plan ;)
>
> I like this kind of idea. Many options should be settable this
> way (think for example about Synaptics and ALPS touchpad

Yes, exactly, it will allow much more flexible option handling. Still,
as far as your examples go:

> configurations: whether to use multipointers separately or
> together,
- userspace task - always persent separate devices and have application
(GPM or X) multiplex data together.

> (de)activation of tapping,
- may be userspace task - i.e can be done in userspace if device can
report BTN_TOUCH event. If not then kernel has to toggle it.

> button remapping etc).
- userspace task

--
Dmitry