Re: Can't make XFS work with 2.6.6

From: David Johnson
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 15:58:15 EST

On Thursday 27 May 2004 20:04, David Aubin wrote:
> Did you create these drives with any of the following
> attributes?
> # CONFIG_XFS_RT is not set
> # CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA is not set
> # CONFIG_XFS_SECURITY is not set
> # CONFIG_XFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
> If you did then please enable them and rebuild your kernel.

Nope, it's just a plain XFS partition as created by debian-installer.

> Also, hd(0,0) is /dev/hda3 correct? You didn't swap
> ide cables or anything and are now tring to boot off of
> an old kernel?

hd(0,0) is hda1 which is the boot partition. And no I've not touched the IDE
cables. A 2.4 kernel with an almost identical Grub entry works fine.

> I don't have an XFS system. But I belive it works with 2.6.*
> kernels. You problem looks like you are missing xfs support in
> your kernel. If you say you have it compilied in, then perhaps
> you are not booting the kernel you think you are.

I have XFS working fine with 2.6.6 on another machine.
I've just made sure that I'm booting the correct kernel, and I am.

This is starting to drive me mad now!

Thanks,
David.

--