Re: Can't make XFS work with 2.6.6

From: David Johnson
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 13:32:48 EST

On Thursday 27 May 2004 19:00, David Aubin wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please include the latest copy of your .config.

Attached.

> Also the boot loader parameter as well.

From Grub's menu.lst:

title Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.6
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6 lapic video=rivafb:mode:1024x768x16 root=/dev/hda3 ro
initrd /initrd.img-2.6.6
savedefault
boot

> And possibly
> the validation that the root partition is of type XFS?

Here's the mount output from the system running a 2.4 kernel:

lug:/tmp# mount
/dev/hda3 on / type xfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda2 on /home type xfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /var type xfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

> At a glance it appears that XFS is not compilied in to
> your kernel now, if that is your root mount file type.

XFS is compiled in. I really don't know what else to try...

Thanks,
David.

--
David Johnson