Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm2 (4KSTACK)

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 04:52:11 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:40:33 +0200, Arjan van de Ven said:

Ok I don't want to start a flamewar but... Do we want to hold linux back
until all binary only module vendors have caught up ??

No.. I merely suggested that coordinating with as few as possibly one vendor to
clean their module up might minimize the pain considerably.

I don't see much of a problem. So what if Linus puts 4k stacks in 2.6.6 tomorrow?
It won't kill linux for all those nvidia users. They'll simply have to stop at 2.6.5
until nvidia catch up. Not much of a problem, considering how the majority
still runs various versions of 2.4.x.

Helge Hafting