Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm2 (4KSTACK)

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 11:32:59 EST

On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:40:33 +0200, Arjan van de Ven said:
> Ok I don't want to start a flamewar but... Do we want to hold linux back
> until all binary only module vendors have caught up ??

No.. I merely suggested that coordinating with as few as possibly one vendor to
clean their module up might minimize the pain considerably. NVidia is aware of
the issue, and rumor has it that the 6xxx series of Linux drivers are targeted
for the end of May and will have a fix for the 4K stack (which is an issue for
the Fedora Core 2 release already) since they need to push out a revision to
support the 6800 series cards anyhow....