Re: mmc/sd drivers

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 09:49:15 EST

Edward Macfarlane Smith wrote:

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 15:14, Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

Where can the latest mmc drivers in the kernel source be located? I
am not talking about mass-storage usb or pcmcia drivers. I downloaded
2.2.26 and there is no drivers/mmc directory. Where can the mmc
drivers be located from their original distribution point?

2.2 is old.

MMC is supported for example on sharp zaurus, look
there for sources. SD requires binary-only module. Avoid it.

Thats not completely true. Last weekend I was using a 512Mb SD card on my iPAQ 5550 with the 2.4.19 hh36.9 kernel from Handhelds.org. It was rather slow access (playing mp3s directly off the sd card had problems with pauses), but did work. I haven't actually got around to building a kernel for an ARM machine yet, but if you need the source I suggest you look round handhelds.org.

AFAIK, only the MMC-like modes of the SD cards are supported. The driver can't handle encryption, paralel data transfer modes (using 4 bits at a time) or SDIO cards.

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com
"In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates?"