Re: mmc/sd drivers

From: Edward Macfarlane Smith
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 11:53:49 EST

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 15:14, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Where can the latest mmc drivers in the kernel source be located? I
> > am not talking about mass-storage usb or pcmcia drivers. I downloaded
> > 2.2.26 and there is no drivers/mmc directory. Where can the mmc
> > drivers be located from their original distribution point?
>
> 2.2 is old.
>
> MMC is supported for example on sharp zaurus, look
> there for sources. SD requires binary-only module. Avoid it.

Thats not completely true. Last weekend I was using a 512Mb SD card on my iPAQ
5550 with the 2.4.19 hh36.9 kernel from Handhelds.org. It was rather slow
access (playing mp3s directly off the sd card had problems with pauses), but
did work. I haven't actually got around to building a kernel for an ARM
machine yet, but if you need the source I suggest you look round
handhelds.org.
Regards,
Edward