Re: message queue limits

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 17:53:54 EST

Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This adds a new "RLIMIT_SIGPENDING" limit, which is used to limit
> per-uid pending signals. Currently an unpriviledged user can queue
> more than maximum of allowed signals and cause overall system
> malfunction.

So now it takes two users to gang up and do the same thing. We should
either exempt root from the global check or simply remove the global limit
altogether.

Is it possible for a process to do setuid() with outstanding signals? If
so, they may end up with a negative current->user->signal_pending?

You need to initialise ->signal_pending in alloc_uid().

What are you doing for testing of this?

Thanks.