Re: Any plan for inclusion of linux-wlan-ng ?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 16:06:49 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:37:03PM +0200, Ga?l Le Mignot wrote:

Hello,

I was just wondering is there is any plan of including linux-wlan-ng
into the 2.6 kernel. Does someone know about that ? If not, does
someone know why ?

The authors have never submitted it? Or wanted to?

Never submitted AFAIK, but regardless...

There is a central problem of multiple 802.11 stacks that I very much want to avoid. linux-wlan-ng, HostAP, madwifi, and one or two others.

I had hoped that HostAP would be submitted, and that could form the basis of a common 802.11 stack, but I haven't heard anything about that in many weeks.

Jeff