deactivate dm disks?

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 20:55:32 EST

I was playing with evms (2.2 kernel 2.6.3 vanilla) and some reason, it
grabbed my usb disk (sde) and won't let go of it. Is there any way I can
make it let go of the disk? It grabbed sde1 and sde2 of the disk.

I tried the deactivate which just gave me an invalid argument. I really do
not wish to reboot this machine just to remove the usb disk.

I also noticed it wanted to grab my partitions on sda which were already
mounted and couldn't grab them.