Re: Linux 2.6.4 - Card Reader not working

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 17:43:00 EST

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:31:06PM +0100, Oliver Vogel wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I got a little problem with a Memory Card Reader under Linux 2.6.4.
>
> I enabled usb (both ehci and uhci) support, usb storage support in the
> kernel, as well as scsi support and scsi disk support.
> Mounting usb sticks works well, also the Card Reader shows at lsusb (see
> below).
> Also, there is a device /dev/sda (or rather
> /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc, I'm using devfs), but when I
> insert an SD card into the reader, there is no sda1 (or rather target1)
> appearing.
> I also tried enabling probe all LUNs, with the result that the device
> didn't appear in lsusb anymore.
>
> I already asked in a Linux hardware newsgroup, but nobody seems to have
> a clue...
>
> Any hints?

I had a similar problem recently with a 6-in-1 reader I picked up.
Using..
modprobe scsi_mod max_luns=6

it could see all LUNs on the device (each slot was a seperate LUN).

If this works for you, send the scsi messages from dmesg output, and
it can be added to the list of devices to probe all luns.

Dave