Linux 2.6.4 - Card Reader not working

From: Oliver Vogel
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 17:36:54 EST

Hello everybody!

I got a little problem with a Memory Card Reader under Linux 2.6.4.

I enabled usb (both ehci and uhci) support, usb storage support in the
kernel, as well as scsi support and scsi disk support.
Mounting usb sticks works well, also the Card Reader shows at lsusb (see
below).
Also, there is a device /dev/sda (or rather
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc, I'm using devfs), but when I
insert an SD card into the reader, there is no sda1 (or rather target1)
appearing.
I also tried enabling probe all LUNs, with the result that the device
didn't appear in lsusb anymore.

I already asked in a Linux hardware newsgroup, but nobody seems to have
a clue...

Any hints?

Regards,

Oliver.

Here the output of lsusb:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0db0:6982 Micro Star International Medion Flash
XL V2.7A Card Reader Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000