Re: RedHat advanced server 3

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 17:40:08 EST

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Voicu Liviu wrote:

> Any 1 know if I can install a standard kernel like 2.4.25 or 2.6x on
> RedHat Advanced Server ver 3?

RHEL 3 works ok with a 2.6 kernel if you download arjan's
2.6 utilities, from people.redhat.com.

> Right now it does run kernrel 2.4.9-e.38custom

That kernel is AS2.1. Due to lack of NPTL it doesn't work
correctly with everything in RHEL3 userspace...

Are you sure you're running RHEL3 and not AS2.1 ?

(btw, note that changing your kernel doesn't make the
support people happy, and as a consequence probably
means they won't want to help you ... read the fine
print)