Tracing the flow of execution in the kernel , executed on-behalf of a process !

From: Anticipating a Reply
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 08:45:44 EST

Hi ,

Is there a way by which we can trace the flow of
execution of a process , when it is executing the
kernel code path ?

Any tool which does this would help understand
which all functions / code path is taken in the kernel
when a particular program executes .

strace provides just the system call invocation ,
but I would like to know what happens within the
kernel when the system call executes .

Kindly reply directly to me as I'am not subscribed
to the list .

Cheers !