Re: Known problems with megaraid under 2.4.25 highmem?

From: Tvrtko A. Uršulin
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 03:26:48 EST

On Friday 27 February 2004 19:52, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Not known to me...
>
> Can you get any traces from the lockup? NMI watchdog or sysrq+p and +t?

Unfortunately no, it is a production system now to which I don't have physical
access.

> Did any previous 2.4.x work reliably?

It is a new system, which came with preinstalled RH7.2 and kernel 2.4.23 which
has highmem support and is stable. I immediately installed 2.4.25 also w/
highmem & highmem i/o. After I got one I/O lockup under light load, I
immediately recompiled wo/ highmem support. After that no problems
whatsoever.