Re: Linux 2.6 Build System and Binary Modules

From: Larry Reaves
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 14:21:48 EST

I am trying to do exactly the same thing... unfortunately I have not had
much success getting it to work. I have, however, solved your problem.
What I did was 'touch -B 9999999 priv_part.c' which creates an empty
file with a timestamp of the current time minus 9999999 seconds.
Because make will only recompile if the source is newer than the .o, it
will assume it is already compiled and it will just link it in. I am
new to kernel development, so I haven't made much progress beyond
getting the module to compile without errors. If you are able to get it
to work, please let me know.

--
Larry Reaves <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>