Re: Acer Aspire 1501LCe

From: Hugo Mills
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 14:03:57 EST

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:36:56PM +0000, Sid Boyce wrote:
> Apologies to kernel mailing list. This Athlon-64 laptop is available
> here in the UK at quite an attractive price, sold with Windows XP Home,
> so fit for repartitioning as a Linux only box if an empty HD isn't an
> option. I wonder if anyone has Linux up and running on it or any other
> Althon-64 laptop.

I don't have one myself, but if you head over to the Debian AMD64
mailing list[1], or #debian-amd64 on irc.oftc.net, there are a couple
of people with AMD64 laptops running (or sort-of running) Linux on
them.

Don't expect much, though -- it's still early days in the Debian
camp.

Hugo.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/

PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk