Re: Radeon Framebuffer Driver in 2.6.3?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 20:48:56 EST

> Rememeber we have to modify every driver then to support FB_ACTIVATE_FORCE.
> You have to ask yourself what do you want to do exactly?

No we don't. Only fbmem, and that's part of the patch. What we could
do is strip the FB_ACTIVATE_FORCE (and actually clear out the
activate field completely) when copying to the driver's var structure
in fb_set_var().

In fact, we should certainly fix fb_set_var to _ignore_ the activate
field when comparing the var structures... this is a bug in the
current version imho.

It's a bit difficult to fix it while keeping memcmp, except if we do
a local copy of the var structure, which would eat stack space...

One problem with unblank is that it can be called at interrupt time,
but I don't think that ever happens with mode_switch set to true.
So we may just kmalloc a local copy of the var...

Ben.