Re: 2.6.3-mm3

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 20:30:58 EST

Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
On Thursday 26 February 2004 02:06, Nick Piggin wrote:

Hi,

What about Nick's fix up patch for the two patches above? Should I
include that one also?

I'm running 2.6.3-mm3-486-fazok (nick's patch), and it has improved my
slab usage greatly. It was averaging 500MB-700MB slab. Now slab is
~230MB, and page cache is ~700MB

That is a much better sounding ratio. Of course that doesn't mean much
if performance is worse. Slab might be getting reclaimed a little bit
too hard vs pagecache now.

sorry for not following this thread, but where do I find the mm3 rollup patch this thread is talking about? akpm's directory does not contain it, or I am blind b/c it isn't named like that or similar ;>

It's just the regular ~2MB bz2 file you normally get (ie, it's not "split-out" like in the directory where all patches are seperate...)