Re: 2.6.2: P4 ClockMod speed

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 12:51:21 EST

Hi!

> By doing so it becomes easier to enter different frequencies e.g. into
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed -- on my desktop, typing in
> 1200000 is easier than 12121224... [*]
> [*] The _actual_ CPU speed should be used on all cpufreq drivers where this
> specific CPU frequency has implications to external components, e.g. LCD,
> memory or pcmcia devices. Where only the _frequency ratio_ is of importance
> [for loops_per_jiffy and friends] such "rounding" is acceptable, as long as
> the ratio is constant.

Hey, that's ugly. Values should be real.

If you have troubles typing real frequency, you can either use
/proc/cpufreq and specify values in percent, or modify
scaling_setspeed to go for nearest lower frequency, or create bash
scripts "hi_speed" and "low_speed"; but please don't break
interface....
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]