Re: Large slab cache in 2.6.1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 01:03:29 EST

Mike Fedyk wrote:

Nick Piggin wrote:

Mike Fedyk wrote:

What is the kernel parameter to disable highmem? I saw nohighio, but that's not it...

Not sure. That defeats the purpose of trying to get your setup
working nicely though ;)

Can you upgrade to 2.6.3-mm2? It would be ideal if you could
test this patch against that kernel due to the other VM changes.

I can test on another machine, but it doesn't have as much memory, and I'd have to use highmem emulation.

Probably not worth the bother. It is easy enough for anyone to
test random things, but the reason your feedback is so important
is because you are actually *using* the system.

I'd prefer to not have to restart this machine and put a test kernel on it.

Fair enough. Maybe if we can get enough testing, some of the mm
changes can get into 2.6.4? I'm sure Linus is turning pale, maybe
we'd better wait until 2.6.10 ;)

Chris, could you test this too please? Thanks.

Yes, Chris do you have any highmem machines where you can test this patch?

The system he's testing on has 1.5G too.