Re: Large slab cache in 2.6.1

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 00:51:35 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Mike Fedyk wrote:
What is the kernel parameter to disable highmem? I saw nohighio, but that's not it...

Not sure. That defeats the purpose of trying to get your setup
working nicely though ;)

Can you upgrade to 2.6.3-mm2? It would be ideal if you could
test this patch against that kernel due to the other VM changes.

I can test on another machine, but it doesn't have as much memory, and I'd have to use highmem emulation.

I'd prefer to not have to restart this machine and put a test kernel on it.

Chris, could you test this too please? Thanks.

Yes, Chris do you have any highmem machines where you can test this patch?

Mike