Re: 2.6: No hot_UN_plugging of PCMCIA network cards

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 04:41:24 EST

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 01:21, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Russell King wrote:

> >>No.
> >

> > Argh, it seems that several patches which were in the netdrv experimental
> > tree never got merged.
> >
> > Jeff - what's the situation with the net driver experimental tree?
> > Could the DEV_STALE_CONFIG patches from around December time be
> > merged please?

I've been experiencing hangs with -mm kernels and my CardBus 3Com NIC
when resuming from APM suspend to disk which seem to be caused by the
3c59x driver. The hang just gets resolved by unplugging, then plugging
the CardBus NIC. This doesn't happen with vanilla tree, however.

I've found that reverting 3c9x-enable_wol.patch fixes this situation for
me.