Re: sys_tux stolen @s390 in 2.6

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 04:38:26 EST

Pete wrote:

> in 2.4, syscall #222 was reserved for tux on s390, but now it is used
> by sys_readahead. What do we do now?

In my copy of tux-3.2.13, the number 242 is used correctly. That number
is the one that is reserved in the official linux sources. Martin
allocated it exactly one year ago when I sent the patch enabling
s390 in tux to Florian La Roche <laroche@xxxxxxxxxx>.

If you have a really old version of the tux sources, there might
be the fallback to number 222 still there (which is a pretty dumb
idea, btw).

Arnd <><

from tux.c:
#if defined(__powerpc__)
#define __NR_tux 225
#elif defined(__x86_64__)
#define __NR_tux 184
#elif defined(__alpha__)
#define __NR_tux 397
#elif defined(__s390__)
#define __NR_tux 242
#elif (defined (__i386__) || defined (__arm__))
#define __NR_tux 222
#else
#warning unsupported architecture, guessing __NR_tux=222 like x86...
#define __NR_tux 222
#endif