Re: pnp missing proc entries?

From: Adam Belay
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 11:44:56 EST

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:44:14AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just switched to 2.6 and am trying to resolve and irq conflict
> between a sound card and internal modem.

Is the pnp layer complaining about this conflict? Are you using pnpbios
support? Are both the sound card and internal modem isapnp devices?

> Looking in Documentation/pnp.txt there should be files in
> proc/bus/isapnp/<node>/{id,resources,options}.
>
> However all I have is plain node at /proc/bnus/isapnp/<node> that dumps
> some binary data.
>
> Is the documentation out of date? I can see the calls to make the

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll update the documentation
soon.

> missing nodes in pnp_add_device() but can't find it called from
> anywhere. Is this a deliberate omission?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

You can access this information through sysfs.

try something like this:
mkdir /sys
mount -t sysfs none /sys

Thanks,