Re: 2.6.0, BUG() in JFS

From: Dave Kleikamp
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 12:01:41 EST

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 07:56, Ian Soboroff wrote:
> I got this oops this morning. This machine is running 2.6.0... is
> this something that's been fixed already?

I've seen this reported before, but not with any regularity. Either a
directory is somehow corrupted, or the directory grew beyond what JFS
was designed to handle (which shouldn't really happen). Do you have any
directories that would have tens of thousands of entries or more?

What is the result of running fsck?

> ERROR: (device sdb1): stack overrun in dtSearch!
> ERROR: (device sdb1): stack overrun in dtSearch!
> BUG at fs/jfs/jfs_dtree.c:3326 assert((btstack)->top != &((btstack)->stack[MAXTREEHEIGHT]))

The first two errors used to result in a BUG(), but they have been fixed
to fail more elegantly. I still need to fix the third.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--
David Kleikamp