Re: [ANNOUNCE] Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE) 1.1 stable version

From: Pat LaVarre
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 11:01:00 EST

> FUSE is a combination of a kernel module and a
> userspace library that makes the creation of
> filesystems in userspace very easy.

Any connection here with making linux fs easier to learn?

I ask because I've not found any reasonably quick way of making sense
of:

http://lxr.linux.no/source/fs/udf/

developed at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-udf/

I see I can trivially make that fs fail fsck and patch fs/udf to teach
gdb to print the structures on disc. I see less trivially I can
persuade that fs to read back what I did not write. But as yet I have
not more directly helped improve the fs/udf/ code.

Pat LaVarre
http://udfko.blog-city.com/index.cfm?y=2004

P.S.

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21636&package_id=31956&release_id=214856

Thank you from that I found:

the AVFS project page on sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avf/

AVFS - A Virtual File System
http://www.inf.bme.hu/~mszeredi/avfs/

Also I see this FUSE is not sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/.