Re: Promise PDC20269 (Ultra133 TX2) + Software RAID

From: Pedro Larroy
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 16:02:02 EST

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:08:31PM +1030, Ryan Verner wrote:

> And the machine is randomly locking up, and of course, on reboot, the
> raid array is rebuilt. Ouch. Any clues as to why? I'm sure the hard
> drive hasn't failed as it's brand new; I suspect a chipset
> compatibility problem or something.

I have similar issues with 20269. I have two cards on one box doing sw raid5
on 6 ide drives. It only runs stably with 2.4.19
It has been many months since I assembled that box, and I've tried kernels
from 2.4.20-ac, 2.5.x, 2.6.2 and all hang after some time running.

I remember that pdcs also hanged a dual processor box.

Regards. Pedro.