Re: Ethernet Card Intel Pro100

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 02:39:24 EST

On Tue, 2004-01-06 15:58:57 -0500, Sumit Narayan <sumit_uconn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <BEAEEFBEGJLPJJAA@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi...
>
> I have loaded the new kernel 2.6.0, but my Ethernet card is not working on it. Its Intel Ether Pro 100B. Could someone help me out with it. Its working perfectly fine with 2.4.21. Is there any special setting to be made for the new kernel? I have used module-init-tools-0.9.14 to install the modules.

Additionally, I've seen hangs with eepro100 with some chipset-buildin
eepro100 variants in newer Intel chipsets. The e100 driver (provided by
Intel, but already included in Linux' sources) seems to work around some
chipset bugs...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg