Re: 2.4.24 asm/timex.h

From: Pawel Kot
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 18:30:24 EST

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> Building valgrind, it includes <linux/timex.h> and then tries
> to use the adjtimex syscall. This ends up with an undefined
> error for 'cpu_has_tsc'. This did not happen with earlier
> kernels.
>
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/timex.h:152,
> from vg_unsafe.h:66,
> from vg_syscalls.c:35:
> /usr/include/asm/timex.h: In function `get_cycles':
> /usr/include/asm/timex.h:44: `cpu_has_tsc' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

cpu_has_tsc is defined in cpufeature.h, so probably adding:
#include <asm/cpufeature.h>
to the include/asm-i386/timex.h would help.

I don't have 2.4.25-pre handy, so I can't test it (nor send the patch) at
the moment.

pkot
PS. Sorry for the duplicate, forgot to cc the lists.
--
mailto:pkot@xxxxxxxxxxxx :: mailto:pkot@xxxxxxxxxxxx