Re: Suspected bug infilesystems (UFS,ADFS,BEFS,BFS,ReiserFS) relatedto sector_t being unsigned, advice requested

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 18:28:12 EST

Jesper Juhl wrote:

Also, I did a build of fs/reiserfs/ both with and without the above patch,
and then did a disassemble of inode.o (objdump -d) and compared the
generated code for reiserfs_get_block , and the generated code is
byte-for-byte identical in both cases, which means that gcc realizes that
the if() statement will never execute and optimizes it away in any case.

I think you have done too much work.;-)

Thanks though.

The only reason we are slow in processing your patch and forwarding it to Linus is that the Russian Christmas is today....

--
Hans