Re: kernel 2.6.0, wrong Kconfig directives

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 20:23:48 EST

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 11:59:54PM +0100, Andrea Barisani wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Andrea!

> And I really think that MOUSEDEV should not be considered a 'not-standard'
> option. It's quite common disabling MOUSE support on servers, terminals and
> so on. :)

If the only effect of an unnecessaryly enabled option are a few kB
wasted space, this isn't a big problem in most situations.

If it's easy to accidentially disable an important option, it's good to
protect users against doing so.

People who _really_ need the space simply enable EMBEDDED to disable
such an option.

> Bye and thanks

cu
Adrian