802.11 header

From: Jesus Arango
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 19:34:46 EST

Hi,

I need to know the HW header is passed to and from an 802.11 device
driver. Does the kernel copy a just a "struct ethhdr" into the socket
buffer or does the device driver expect a full 802.11 header ? If just
the "struct ethhdr", the who and where is it converted to a full 802.11
header.

I am writing a header compression protocol. My compressor is called by
dev_queue_xmit and my decompressor has its own ETH_P protocol. I would
like to know how the header is stored inside the socket buffer at this
two specific points.

Thanks
Jesus