Re: 2.6.0 sound output - wierd effects

From: Martin Schlemmer
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 18:49:08 EST

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 01:24, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> > Over here the your main one if not using oss emu is alsa-lib I used
> > 0.9.8 for most of the time, but latest 1.0_rc[12] works as well.
>
> Debian doesn't seem to have an alsa-lib exactly.

Should provide /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0 (version may differ).

> > Also, does xmms use oss or alsa as output
> > driver - switching between the two may or may not improve things?
>
> Errm. No idea which it uses, nor can I see anything in it that switches ;-)

If you right click on xmms, and then select options->preferences, on the
first page to the bottom there should be output plugin. If you cannot
select alsa, see if there is a xmms-alsa or libxmms-alsa plugin. Sorry,
I do not know Debian that well.

Basically as sombody else noted - it might be with the OSS emulation,
so we want to use native alsa support with xmms ...

--
Martin Schlemmer