Re: DevFS vs. udev

From: Tomasz Torcz
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 17:14:11 EST

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 02:02:09PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> (yeah, it's probably not _all_ gentoo people, but it sure seems like the
> majority of them sure are wed to devfs for some strange reason...)

Heh, I'm happily using devfs on Slackware ;-)
Also, it's interesting that other OSes have devfs-like
functionality, but somehow done right and not suffering from
linux' devfs illness. FreeBSD5 even mount devfs by default.

--
Tomasz Torcz Morality must always be based on practicality.
zdzichu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen