Re: RFC - tarball/patch server in BitKeeper

From: John Bradford
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 15:42:42 EST

> > and patches. The idea is to make it possible for all trees hosted by
> > bkbits.net provide access to the data with a free client (included
> ~~~~
> > below
> > in prototype form).
>
> Unfortunately that is not free client for any reasonable definition of
> "free"; which matters, because it means that tarball.c is not getting
> into any distribution in any form. Someone will simply have to
> reimplement it.

Larry, could you also please clarify one specific point about the NWL
- whether the phrase 'this product or any other products' includes
future products released by BitMover, Inc. after a third party has
agreed to the license or just products released up until the point
that the third party accepts the license.

I.E. if somebody accepts the NWL now, are they permitted, (in terms of
the NWL), to whine about a, (hypothetical), new product that you
release next year, without violating the license?

John.