Re: 2.6-test11 framebuffer Matrox

From: Tomasz Torcz
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 16:41:50 EST

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:30:15AM +0100, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Can somebody definately say if "matroxfb" is working for 2.6? I haven't
> tested it for a while, but I was surprised to find it non-working in 2.6...

Not working for me. G550 driving Samsung SyncMaster 171s (LCD).
It locked system several times in the past when switching between XFree
and fb console.
I was told to use exact resolution and color depth wi fbcon and X.
In my case, it's 1280x1024-16bpp. It is working great in X, but
fbcon do not work - all I get is a black screen and lock when
I try to blinfly run XFree.

--
Tomasz Torcz There exists no separation between gods and men:
zdzichu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx one blends softly casual into the other.