Re: [2.4] Nforce2 oops and occasional hang (tried the lockupspatch, no difference)

From: Disconnect
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 15:34:06 EST

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 15:22, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Does this not relate directly to the APIC/IOAPIC issues with 2.6 kernel
> and nforce chipset motherboards?

Not when apic is disabled. (And I'm guessing you mean 2.4, right?
Although IIRC the patches are available for both.)

The patches for enabling/using apic/io-apic on nforce2 work fine, except
instead of oopsing it hardlocks semi-randomly. (It ran fine for a few
days, then hardlocked, and upon reboot it only made it about 10 minutes,
then another 30 minutes, so I went back to an unpatched 2.4.23 with
'noapic'. Now that the hardware has arrived I can move production
elsewhere and do further testing.) I was under the impression that
nmi-watchdog was supposed to prevent the hardlocks (well, turn them into
oopses), but no such luck here.

--
Disconnect <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxx>