pam_debug.o: gp-relative relocation against dynamic symbol _pam_token_returns

From: Will L G
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 23:51:50 EST

When ever I attempt to compile Linux-Pam, I receive the following error
immediately after running 'make':

/usr/bin/ld: dynamic/pam_debug.o: gp-relative relocation against dynamic
symbol _pam_token_returns
/usr/bin/ld: dynamic/pam_debug.o: gp-relative relocation against dynamic
symbol _pam_token_returns
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [pam_debug.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2

I've included the pertinent information supplied at
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html), the actual
error msg generated and system information. One other thing, I've tried
different versions of "Binutils" but the error persists. I've even tried
different versions of GCC but unfortunately GCC 2.96 was considered
'unacceptable' by the config script. Thank you, Will L G