Re: RFC - tarball/patch server in BitKeeper

From: Matthew D. Pitts
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 23:49:25 EST

> The implication you made was that certain other people
> are violating
> your license by exporting changesets publicly. If that is true, then
> that is highly relevant to this list. kernel.org, for example would
> have to remove changeset information such as
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/cset/

In my opinion, what is here is nothing more than information that most
likely does not contain anything that would violate the BK license. The
check-in comments could easily have been take from the bkbits site
and put into HTML code, and there is a gzipped patch that could simply
be gotten through use of BK. Larry, if I'm wrong about any of this, please
feel free to tell me.
> -Tupshin
Matthew D. Pitts