Re: cdrecord hangs my computer

From: Tero Knuutila
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 14:09:02 EST

Hi all!

I put my kernel to pre-emptive (or something like that in processor opts) in menuconfig.
After recompilation kernel test11 now performs fine. No more hangs while burning cdroms!

So now we know that it was Linus's patch which helped me on ide-scsi problems.

However, I can't remember if I tried multiple disks when testing with ide-cd mode.
It is possible that this new way also works. Too bad that cdrecord does not tell when there's faulty cd on drive.

But my system works now so thank you everyone!!! Keep up the good work.

Rgds,
Tero