Re: cdrecord hangs my computer

From: Tero Knuutila
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 13:28:37 EST

Hi all!

Good. However, I'd still like to hear if ide-scsi.c works with the patch:
it's deprecated and I don't actually encourage people to use it, but it
would be interesting to hear whether it works for people..

I had to throw away one faulty cd-disk, and now my 2.6-test11 works!!
I did two things while having troubles: Applied Linus's patch and
tried John Bradford's tip to turn off pre-emptive kernel (in processor options).

I am currently in a process to put pre-emptive back to enabled so soon I can tell if it was the patch or the option change.

I'll be back in one hour. Thanks already for Your help, this test11 kernel is fast and goog, I LIKE it!!!

Rgds,

Tero