Re: de2104x tulip driver bug in 2.6.0-test9

From: Russell Coker
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 10:55:50 EST

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:32, Christian Kujau <evil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Russell Coker wrote:
> > 00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21041
> > [Tulip Pass 3] (rev 11)
> >
> > Above is the lspci output for my PCI Ethernet card. Below is what
> > happens when I try to boot 2.6.0-test9. 2.4.x kernels have been working
> > well on the same card for a long time, so the hardware seems basically
> > OK.
> >
> > Configuring network interfaces... eth0: set link BNC
> > eth0: mode 0x7ffc0040, sia 0x10c4,0xffffef09,0xfffff7fd,0xffff0006
> > eth0: set mode 0x7ffc0000, set sia 0xef09,0xf7fd,0x6
> > eth0: timeout expired stopping DMA
>
> could this be anyhow related to this:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106766135110165&w=2
>
> there is a thread on linuxppc-dev too, as this is ppc specific:

It is a bit different. If I don't load the module during the boot sequence
then I can get it to the stage of being pingable. I think that timing is the
issue, the boot scripts do everything quickly. If I modprobe it, then
ifconfig it, then change the media type, then I have succeeded once in
getting ping responses, but I couldn't ssh.

--
http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/ My NSA Security Enhanced Linux packages
http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/ Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark