RE: 2.6.0-test9 VFAT problem

From: Patrick Beard
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 06:52:02 EST

> > My fstab entry is;
> > /dev/sda /mnt/smedia vfat rw,user,noauto 0,0
>
> I would guess that you have to mount /dev/sda1 or perhaps /dev/sda4.
> Isn't that what you do under 2.4?
>
> Andries

Hi Andries,

Yes, with 2.4 I used sda1. When I first compiled 2.6 I used sda1 but I got
the 'wrong fs..' error. This was a clean install of debian so I didn't have
my original fstab. I checked the web and noticed people using sda. so I
tried that - same error. In trying to get this to work I've used sda and
sda1 at different times both gave the same errors.

Thanks for your reply,

--
Patrick

Whilst we have taken every effort to ensure that all attachments
are virus free, use is at the recipients own risk.