Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: DervishD
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 05:18:52 EST

Hi Prakash :)

* Prakash K. Cheemplavam <prakashkc@xxxxxx> dixit:
> well I am using k3b0.10.1 and either choosing cdrdao or cdrecord in
> DAO mode to burn the cd ends up in non-bit identical copies, wheres ion
> TAO (atleast with my 10x CD-RW I tested) the copy succeded. I tried
> several times, and always got this issue.

Just FYI, I've had a similar problem a couple of days ago, and,
after a lot of testing I discovered that the problem was in the
motherboard. Try to isolate the problem: use the recorder in another
machine to see if that solves the problem (the recorder may be
damaged and may fail in DAO mode. Strange, but...). Check the cabling
and use another motherboard, or even another OS to do the burning in
DAO mode to see that it fails. And have a look at cdrdao, may the
problem is a cdrecord issue (don't think so, but...) :??

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736