vfat file system over usb fails for 2.6.0.test9

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 17:05:21 EST

Two bug reports:

I just hooked up my camera, an Olympus that looks like a vfat
filesystem over usb, and had to reboot from 2.6.0.test9 back to
2.4.23-pre8 before I could get it to mount. mount kept claiming that
/dev/sda1 was not a block device until the reboot to the older
kernel..

During the reboot, shutdown was hung for a few seconds per partition
mounted claiming a bunch of illegal seeks and such. This has been
occuring with module-init-tools-0.9.15pre installed, but did not
occur when I was running the 0.9.13pre version. I'm gonna put
0.9.13pre back in unless there is a good reason not to, so hit me
with it, please.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M